The West Bengal government has launched the Khadya Sathi Prakalpa, aimed at providing food security to the economically weaker section (EWS) of the state’s population. Under this scheme, the residents of West Bengal can access rice and wheat at a subsidized cost of Rs. 2 per kg.
The Khadya Sathi Scheme is an important step in addressing poverty and food insecurity in West Bengal, where over half the population falls below the poverty line. The scheme was launched by the Department of Food & Supplies and aims to provide economic support to those in need.
To be eligible for the Khadya Sathi Card
To be eligible for the Khadya Sathi Card, applicants must be permanent residents of West Bengal, possess their own ration card, and belong to either the BPL (below poverty line) or EWS category. Government employees are not eligible for the scheme.
To apply for the Khadya Sathi Scheme, applicants must first visit the Food & Supplies Department’s official portal at food.wb.gov.in. The process involves submitting an application form, along with required documents such as a photocopy of the digital ration card, Aadhaar card, voter ID card, residential certificate, income certificate, recent passport-sized photo, and a valid mobile number.
How to apply for the Khadya Sathi Scheme online?
To apply for the Khadya Sathi Scheme online, one must follow the following steps:
- Visit the Food & Supplies Department’s official portal: food.wb.gov.in
- Click on the “E-Citizen” link available on the menu
- Click on the link “Digital Ration card 2023” or any of the other services available through the online portal
- Choose the District, Municipality, Block, and GP
- Enter the communication address
- Fill in the necessary details in the Khadya Sathi form
- Provide the required documents and submit the form
- Finally, your application for the Khadya Sathi Scheme will be submitted.
What are the important documents required for the application process?
The following documents are required during the application process:
- Photocopy of the head of the family’s Digital Ration card
- Aadhaar card
- Voter ID card
- Residential certificate
- Income certificate of the head of the family
- Recent passport size photo (in color)
- Valid mobile number.
Q1: What is the Khadya Sathi Scheme?
A: The Khadya Sathi Scheme is a government initiative launched by the Department of Food & Supplies in West Bengal to provide Rice and Wheat at a low cost of Rs. 2 per kg to the residents of West Bengal, particularly those in the economically weaker section (EWS) and below poverty line (BPL).
Q2: Who is eligible for the Khadya Sathi Scheme?
A: To be eligible for the Khadya Sathi Scheme, one must be a permanent resident of West Bengal and must belong to the BPL or EWS category. Government employees are not eligible for this scheme.
Q3: What are the benefits of the Khadya Sathi Scheme?
A: The Khadya Sathi Scheme provides economic assistance to the economically weaker section and below the poverty line residents of West Bengal. This initiative aims to provide food to those in need and prevent food shortages. By availing of this scheme, BPL and EWS residents can purchase Rice and Wheat at only Rs. 2 per kg.